Reading the Bible through a progressive lens is so much fun! I recorded a video about what we have been learning by reading through the Gospel of Mark.
Join us this Wednesday at 7pm for a lively (and irreverent) time of reading the gospel.
It is not your average Bible study! Join the zoom here: https://zoom.us/j/585770550
The 4 layers of our ‘surplus of meaning’ and 3 surprises from the Gospel of Luke.
We ask the text 4 Layers of Questions:
- What would the original audience have heard?
- What has the text come to mean in history?
- What do we do with the text now? (application)
- What is the most the this text can mean? (future horizon)
Three themes that emerged in Luke:
- Jesus uses ‘Dog Whistles’
- the Bible reads differently for those on top or the underside
- Parables are not allegory
Leave a Reply